Thursday, March 31, 2011

NOW is a good time to PULL THE TRIGGER

So when I talk about a trigger...I am talking about YOUR trigger. What is the one thing that if you eliminated would really help you achieve your goal? Let's be very honest here. Sit down for a moment and think about it. It could be a certain food that you buy. You have it in your fridge and you know as soon as you eat it, it's all downhill from there. It sets you off. Now I am not saying you have to stay on track all the time...THAT is pretty much impossible. I am referring to the things that really set you off, that you feel you can't control very well. It doesn't necessarily have to be food, it could be certain situations or people that bring out the not so great in you. It's important to be honest with yourself and make the decision to PULL THE TRIGGER.

I'll give you an example. For me, my trigger (well one of them) happens to be ice cream. If I buy a pint and put it in my freezer, I eat in one day...no matter if it's lowfat, full fat or whatever. It is very hard for me to stop eating it. I used to buy it ALL the time even when I realized it was my trigger. I would tell myself that I would just have a little bit for a treat a few nights a week. Ok, heck to the no! This never happened for me, I ate it EVERY time. And then I would just look for something else to eat. So I stopped buying pints. I still eat individual servings and ice cream when I'm out but I don't keep it in the house because I feel like the ice cream pint seems to always win...haha!

So that's just a very basic example. It could be eating in the car, snacking in front of the tv, greasy food and like I said it could also be a situation or even a person that you spend time with. The truth is we KNOW what are triggers are, the hard part is making the decision to PULL them, get rid of them....you know be done and done. I had to throw that in ;)

So as we get ready to start another intensive camp on Monday, I would like for you ladies to think about YOUR trigger and try to eliminate it for the next 2 weeks. The best time to start is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment