Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I might get a few dirty looks for this one but DONE AND DONE

Energy Drinks.....where do I begin? Hmmm.........................................................Let me say this...be DONE AND DONE with them. I'm not even going to mention any names here. But you know the drinks that I am talking about...they promise more energy and are full of caffeine, chemicals, sugar and artificial sweeteners.

Basically, there are short and long term consequences of these drinks that aren't fully understood and the ingredients are not regulated. What what what!!!Would you give them to your kids? No? Do you really understand what's in them and all the ingredients? Not really? Do you NEED to drink them because they give you energy? You just can't stay awake or function without them?

Here's my suggestion. Try to get enough sleep, eat balanced meals, HYDRATE, and workout. If you can't stay awake without caffeine, sugar and chemicals, then you need to take a look at the four things I mentioned and see what's out of balance. We all functioned without them before, right?

There are plenty of things you can drink that are GOOD for you..that provide antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins, electrolytes. Unfortunately a caffeine, sugar, chemical drink doesn't do it. Be picky about what you put into your body. So, don't look back baby...be DONE AND DONE!

Tomorrow, I'll post a power drink that you can make at home. You're going to love it!

1 comment:

  1. I have never drank one of those. So I am done and done already! Yeah!!! :)

    ReplyDelete