Sunday, July 31, 2011

Done and DONE with your gum?




No, I'm not going to tell you to stop chewing gum! I would have an extremely hard time with this, as we all know I constantly chew gum when I dance. I just wanted to remind you that it's also important to know what's in your gum. Most gum is artificially sweetened...sugarless right?

Kudos to you if you have dropped the artificial sweeteners...this is huge! Be sure to check what your gum is sweetened with, if it's artificial, find one that isn't. Two of my favorties are Peelu and Spry, both sweentened with Xylitol. Xylitol is slowly absorbed and has a very mimimal impact on insulin levels. It has been the sweetener of choice in Europe for diabetics since 1960. It also keeps a neutral ph level in your mouth actually preventing tooth decay. Check it out http://www.xylitol.org/dental-benefits-of-xylitol. Locally you can find Peelu and Spry Gum at Sprouts or Whole Foods.

See you in class tonight! And I will be be chewing my Spry gum ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment